Does anybody know of code hosting for bzr that is not Launchpad?

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Fri Sep 9 08:04:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Patrick van der Velde
<petrikvandervelde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> Normally it's the home page (launchpad.net) but I've had it happen
> when trying to view the bug list for a project and the login page
> seems to be too slow too. In many cases hitting refresh will fix the
> problem (but not always). I'm not on launchpad very often but when I
> do go there I normally experience a page time out, so maybe I'm your
> one in a million time-out problem ;). Might have something to do with
> the fact that I'm in New Zealand though. In general I have the feeling
> that Launchpad is much slower than either github or bitbucket but I
> don't have hard data to prove it.
>
> If there is any other information you need let me know.

I'm in NZ too, and I very rarely encounter timeouts myself - the
distribution of timeouts isn't flat across all pages, so some pages do
timeout more.

What would help me is if the next time it happens, grab the 'OOPS' id
that the timeout gives, and let me know it. If you don't see an OOPS
id, then whatever is happening to you *isn't* being captured by our
automatic diagnostics, and is something different to what we know
about and are fixing: so letting me know when that happens would be
awesome - and I can look at getting some diagnostics together for you
to see whats happening (e.g. we've seen SSL client-side issues in the
past cause connection issues for users).

-Rob