[pilot] Summary September 2nd

vila vila+bzr at canonical.com
Mon Sep 5 07:29:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

My name is vila and I've been your Patch Pilot this week.

The week was intense:

  http://webnumbr.com/.join%28bzr-active-reviews,bzr-pqm-queue-length,bzr-merged-reviews.derivative%29

Our landings were slowed down significantly and the consensus was that
our pqm bot was suffering from fdatasync fallouts (from 1h and 1/2 to
>3h, also 2h seem to be the average and spikes have been observed on the
2.3 branch), all in all: weird stuff)... which jam addressed
(https://code.launchpad.net/~jameinel/bzr/2.4-disable-selftest-fdatasync-837293/+merge/73757)
for the 2.4 branch (hopefully he'll merge that to trunk soon).

This means we had quite an heavy load on pqm:

  http://webnumbr.com/bzr-pqm-queue-length.from%282011-08-28%29

but managed to land ~25 patches, not that bad considering the
circumstances and the fact that we released 2.4.0 and froze 2.2.5.

Jonathan made significant progress on the i18n and still have 4
patches ready to land.

Jelmer continued his crusade for collocated branches and various other
improvements to close the gap between bzr core and the foreign plugins.

John fixed some bugs that should seriously enhance the network
performance for stacked branches.

Benji York started fixing some thread unsafe behavior in a creative way
(especially on the test side) and that in turn triggered Martin Von
Gagern to dig further (still under review). So while bzrlib is still not
*guaranteed* to be thread-safe, this is some nice progress.

Your own pilot landed some more config related work reducing the gap
between the old and new design, more to come on this front.

Disclaimer: The selection above is totally biased and partial, more have
been done, thanks to all ! ;)

I wish poolie an happy piloting week,

  Vincent