Dulwich C extensions and stand-alone Windows installation of bzr

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Sep 5 04:05:05 UTC 2011

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > If there's a chance building the dulwich *.pyd files with MinGW could
 > succeed nonetheless, I'd like to explore that possibility.

This is a question which would best be explored on python-list aka
comp.lang.python.

I don't recall any traffic on python-devel regarding building Python
with non-MS toolchains, except for the occasional statement that it's
possible (maybe even supported in some sense).  The PSF and Active
State Python installers are built with MS tools, and I would guess
that the great majority of Windows installs are one of those two.  It
would be asking for trouble for Python-based projects to distribute
extension binaries built with third-party toolchains.  I suppose there
are very few Python-based projects that do so, in or out of GNU.

So your best bet is FS advocates who also use Python a lot, and c.l.py
is most likely where you'll find them.  HTH