[ANN] bzr 2.4.0 released

vila vila+bzr at canonical.com
Tue Aug 30 11:23:00 UTC 2011

On behalf of the Bazaar team and community, I'm happy to announce
availability of a new release of the bzr adaptive version control
system.

Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is part of the GNU system
<http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

Thanks to everyone who contributed patches, suggestions, and feedback.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.4/2.4.0 as a source tarball.

Installers are available for windows and OSX from the url above too.

This release marks the start of another long-term-stable series. From
here, we will only make bugfix releases on the 2.4 series (2.4.1, etc,
and support it until February 2013), while 2.5 will become our new
development series.

This is a bugfix and polish release over the 2.3 series, with a large number
of bugs fixed (>150 for the 2.4 series alone), and some performance
improvements. Support for python 2.4 and 2.5 has been dropped, many large
working tree operations have been optimized as well as some stacked branches
operations.

Users are encouraged to upgrade from the other stable series.

See
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/whats-new/whats-new-in-2.4.html
for more details,

      Vincent