bzr branch leads to empty folder

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Aug 16 09:36:32 UTC 2011

On 6 August 2011 04:49, madzientist <madzientist at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> i used to successfully push and branch to an ftp server. a few days ago i
> had to use break-lock to break a lock after i accidentally used ctrl-c to
> stop the push process. since then all new branches or merge operations on
> that server appear to finish successfully, but at the server end, the
> directories are empty.
>
> is this something that could have happened from within bzr ? it is true even
> for new branches of directories newly brought under version control. or is
> it something at the server end ?

bzr never builds working trees over ftp: branch directories will
always contain just a '.bzr' directory, which may be hidden by
default.  I don't think this is correlated with you needing to break
the lock.

On the other hand if even .bzr is missing then something else is going
wrong and we need more details about what command you're running and
what error if any it prints.