what should be done to merge nested trees patch to bzr-core?

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Fri Jun 17 10:58:35 UTC 2011

On 16 Jun 2011, at 07:20, Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> 16.06.2011 4:06, Gordon Tyler пишет:
>>
>> On 6/15/2011 6:08 PM, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>>> 2) Developer shares some library (code, media, or other files) between
>>> several projects. Such library might be even published as open source
>>> project, so it may eventually have its own forks and history.
>>
>> The way I've dealt with this at work is using dependencies between
>> projects based on build artifacts. So we have Jenkins builds
>> publishing to a Ivy repository, and the various projects pull their
>> dependencies from the repository.
>
> I've never used those tools so I simply have no idea how it works.

Ivy is quite similar to Maven, i.e. instead of including the source code for components used by a project inside the main project's directory the main project declares which versions of the components it uses and the *binaries* of these components (i.e. jars - Ivy is a java tool) are downloaded from a repository at build time.

Francis.