[ANN] bzr 2.4b4 has gone gold

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Jun 16 22:43:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Packagers and installers builders, we need you once again: 2.4.0 is
approaching... this beta is the fourth out of the 5 planned.

This one comes a bit earlier than usual (3 weeks instead of the usual 4)
to smooth the cadence leading to 2.4.0 planned for 2011-08-04 (for the
freeze).

Only one more beta is scheduled: 2.4b5 on 2011-07-07 (freeze again).

So, let's try to rock again to build the installers, feedback from these
last betas is even more important than for the previous ones.

Also, if you're a plugin author, remember that it would be nice to
prepare a release compatible with 2.4 so we can ship it with the
installers instead of the trunk tips we're shipping so far.

See the Changelog at https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.4/2.4b4 for more
details about what is included and for the tarball.

I'll make the official announcement next Tuesday morning UTC (2011-06-21)
with... whatever packages/installers are available at this point.

Have fun !

    Vincent

P.S.: Last minute warning, if you're using python-testools >= 0.9.8
*and* python-subunit *and* running the full test suite, you may run into
a glitch: a debug statement has been left in a test. Just remove it, the
corresponding fix has landed on trunk after babune turned red with
anger (pqm accepted it ~happily since it uses.testtools-0.9.6).