We trying to launch the GitHub for Bzr

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Mon Jun 6 22:12:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Gour-Gadadhara Dasa <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 23:21:15 -0500
> James West <james at mergebox.net> wrote:
>
>> We're frustrated that there's not many options out there for Bzr
>> hosting. We love Bzr, but have to settle for GitHub because of its
>> easy to use tools.
>
> Just curious what do you find on GitHub which is not present at Launchpad?

I've found Launchpad's workflow a bit burdensome.  On top of that, it
tends to be sluggish.  The permissions structure is also confusing.
One of the nicest things about GitHub is the ability to host actual
pages.  So you can create a website for your project.  Launchpad
leaves you to your own devices for that... and add just One More Thing
that you need to do to host a project there. :-(

> I'm aware there is e.g. no wiki, but GitHub's bugtracker is, imho, not on par
> with LP's one.

At least for us, a full-featured bug tracker is not a requirement.
GitHub's works fine for our needs.  But we're also not trying to
create Ubuntu distributions either. :-)

-John