bzr revno always an integer?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat May 21 08:51:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 01:39:27AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Chris Hecker, and lo! it spake thus:

> Hmm, can you give me an example?  I'm still trying to wrap my head
> around this stuff.

Consider two branches

main
  dev1

  /|
 D |
 C |
 | |
 B |
 |/

main is currently at revid D, which is revno 4.  dev1 branched from
the intial rev A, made one change in E, then merged all the changes on
main, putting it at revid F, which is revno 3.  Since dev1 is a
superset of main, it can be pushed over main; now the revno has moved
back 1, though the branch has moved forward.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net