"bzr push" to a bound branch without a working tree

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Wed May 18 13:09:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 11:20 +0200, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > But since it isn't a lightweight checkout, I don't think that
> > consideration applies.
>
> I'm pretty sure it is. We don't let you chain bound branches.

That's may be the intent, but the situation might not be detected
over bzr+ssh.

I doubt this is the exact same situation, but it seems somewhat
related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/325296, and to (from
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/70442/focus=70474):
> So it looks as though bzr doesn't like chains of heavyweight
> heckouts, but, depending on the transports involved, it only
> sometimes refuses to commit to them.

  - Eric