Removed file "is not versioned"

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Sun May 15 20:28:14 UTC 2011

> Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 20:05:48 +0000
> From: Wouter van Heyst <larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org>
>
> This sounds to me like annotate/file-id try to look up lispref/text.texi
> by path in a revision where it no longer exists:
>
>     bzr annotate -r before:79952 lispref/text.texi
>
> however should work.

It doesn't:

  bzr: ERROR: lispref/text.texi is not versioned

(I tried before:79953 as well, with the same result.)

Also, the error message doesn't sound like the one I see when I try to
ask for a file that was not present in the revision.  That message
looks different:

  D:\usr\eli\bzr\emacs\trunk>bzr annotate -r79952 doc/lispref/text.texi
  bzr: ERROR: The file id "text.texi-20091113204419-o5vbwnq5f7feedwu-6215" is
  not present in the tree <bzrlib.inventory.CHKInventory object at 0x011C9F90>.

Here, it's clear bzr knows about the file, but complains that it did
not yet exist in revision 79952.

> It might make sense to have, at revision 79953, to have annotate see if
> lispref/text.texi got removed in the delta to 79953 and if so look it up
> in the parent.
>
> Would this help you?

It would, but it looks like it's not going to work in this case, for
some reason.

Thanks.