[bzr-explorer] Please test latest changes in bzr-explorer trunk

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 10 07:50:58 UTC 2011

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> Ben Finney writes:
>
>  > But you do, presumably, have the packages around.
>
> I have no idea why you would presume such a thing.

Because Alexander referred to the packagers hiding their activities in
deep dark places, it seemed that the alternatives were either that
Alexander was being disingenuous, being lazy, or that he had already
looked everywhere obvious for information about the packages in which he
is interested.

It would be insulting to assume he's lazy or disingenuous. Looking
inside the package itself for information about that package seems
obvious for a clever fellow like Alexander. Hence my presumption that he
has found the information recorded in the packages that hold his
interest.

> There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of distributions; upstream is not
> going to keep track of them all.

Restrict the domain of discussion to only those packages in which
Alexander is interested, of course.

--
 \              “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very |
  `\                    important that you do it.” —Mohandas K. Gandhi |