hg import in Launchpad failing

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon May 9 15:43:23 UTC 2011

On 9 May 2011 15:40, Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I hope that this is the right place to ask.
>
> I have a code import at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~pythonxy/spyderlib/spyder_devel_mirror
>
> from googlecode.
>
> But the LP import repeatantly fails.
>
> What could be the cause?

Hi Timmie,

The cause is a bug in bzr-hg <http://pad.lv/519709>.  Until somebody
digs into fixing the bug I don't know what specifically is causing the
crash, but broadly I guess there is something in the input data it
can't understand, since it occurs repeatedly on some but not all
branches.  It was incorrectly marked as a dupe of another bug and I
just fixed that.

I can see you already filed three other bugs that are essentially the
same as this, so I can tell you care about this and are probably
frustrated and are trying to get it to work and I want to get it going
for you.  I can't promise it will get fixed right away but I have
bumped it up to High.  If you want to try having a look at it yourself
come on #bzr and we will help you.

Martin