RFC: advisory "branch_status" flag in branch.conf

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Thu May 5 11:52:29 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 15:15 -0500, Neil Martinsen-Burrell wrote:
>> Is there any interest out there for standardizing on the option
>> "branch_status" as a way of marking the state of a branch?

Yes, most definitely.

In particular, I'd like Loggerhead to display them, and allow filtering
based on them. I think this is one of the most serious defects with
Loggerhead as a frontend to a collection of development branches - no
way to hide the merged branches.

On 04/05/11 21:49, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> That might be useful. There also seems to be a bit of overlap with the
> branch status setting that's used on Launchpad, perhaps it would make
> sense to support similar values (Merged, Abandoned, Development,
> Experimental, Mature).

I rather like Launchpad's set of statuses too.

Max.