Persistent issue...

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Wed May 4 12:04:03 UTC 2011

John Szakmeister wrote:
[…]
> > That is an odd error.  The bzr log from the server would be the first
> > place I'd look, it should log a traceback for that error.  (The client
> > logs don't say much except that this error occurred part-way through a
> > get_stream response body, which doesn't give many clues.)
>
> Tried looking there, but I honestly don't see anything.  Nothing in
> the server logs themselves.  And nothing in .bzr.log... at least not
> from any recent moment in history.   I do have enable_logging=False in
> wsgi.make_app() because Apache screams about things being emitted on
> stdout.  Perhaps that's part of the problem?

Yes, that's a problem.  Although I think bzr's logging only writes to
stderr (for sufficiently severe messages), not stdout?

If you can't use enable_logging=True, then take a look at what
bzrlib.trace.enable_default_logging does and do a modified version.  The
short answer is:

    log_file = open('/var/log/bzr/trace.log', 'a')
    bzrlib.trace.push_log_file(log_file)

-Andrew.