Internationalisation of bzr cli

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:02:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> Philippe Lhoste пишет:
>>
>> On 29/04/2011 09:57, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>>>
>>> If you want to work on it then please consider adding proper support for
>>> Windows as it
>>> done in QBzr and Bazaar Explorer (the basic idea available as small and
>>> separate project:
>>> https://launchpad.net/gettext-py-windows)
>>
>> Yes!
>> One, perhaps obvious, issue is where text is displayed/redirected on
>> Windows.
>
> Last sprint I've talked with Martin about adding global command-line option
> --encoding to force specific encoding of output. I don't remember the resume
> on this.

Bravo!
In my company, many servers doesn't have properly locale so I can't use utf-8
even if I use utf-8 terminal.
I want to have a BZR_USERENCODING env that changes default user encoding.
A global --utf8 option for shortcut of --encoding=utf-8 is also useful, IMHO.

--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>