Bzr 2.4 and Externals

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Apr 28 07:55:43 UTC 2011

Patrick van der Velde пишет:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to use bzr as my personal VCS at work (where we use
> subversion). I've found bzr-externals which seems to give me the ability
> to pull in the externals that we have defined on the svn repository but
> I'm having issues committing back to the svn repo. What I've done so far
> (all done through the TortoiseBzr GUI if possible):

bzr-externals is quite different from svn:externals and it's more hook
helpers to get the entire project and commit the state of the entire
project.

> - Create a checkout of the svn repo by using bzr checkout
> - Add the externals via bzr externals-add. This adds a bzr-metadata
> directory and some files to the local checkout

Do you have local copy of the added component?

> - Try to commit back to the svn repository gives me the error:
>
> bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "C:/documents/p.velde/projects/build
> system/sherlock/bzr/actions_mirror/tools/PowerShellForMsBuild/".
>
> Where tools/PowerShellForMsBuild is an external directory.

What do you mean by "external directory"?

> Anybody have any suggestions for what to try to make this work?

I think you should get the local copy of your new component either by
hands or via `bzr pull` to make the local commit work.

But the error message could be more helpful, IMO.