Breaking python2.4 compatibility for bzr-2.4

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Fri Apr 22 00:47:58 UTC 2011

"Martin (gzlist)" <gzlist at googlemail.com> writes:

> On 21/04/2011, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would certainly like to hear your arguments. I couldn't come up
> > with anything motivating for me. But if you have specific needs,
> > you're certainly a valuable member of the community, and we want to
> > make sure things work for you.
>
> I'm just working on the reverse logic. Dropping support means some
> pain for me, and I've not seen anything motivating in the list of
> benefits.

The motivation is, presumably, that the Bazaar developers will be able
to be more productive if they can drop support for legacy Python
versions.

Hence the request for *positive* reasons to retain support for legacy
Python versions.

--
 \        “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more |
  `\    robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument |