How to dump pack-files?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Apr 12 02:38:58 UTC 2011

On 11 April 2011 20:29, Сюзев Кирилл <suzev.kirill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day everyone.
> I scanned .bzr/repository/ folder and realized, that it contained very big
> pack file ~15 GB.
> Is there any way to dump this file to see, what is inside?

Hi,

'bzr dump-btree' will print out the index of the file (give it eg an
.iix. file).  To get individual records from it you probably need to
start a Python shell, and say something like Repository.open(path)
then call methods on repo.pack_collection.  A plugin that printed
information on which revisions or objects used space inside the pack
would be cool but doesn't currently exist.

Martin