How to handle 'tag pushing revisions' and stacking

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:50:07 UTC 2011

Another option is to require pushing tags be made as an explicit operation.  I've had a few times where:

  * I've wanted to push *only* a tag (wasn't ready to push the missing revisions)

  * I've wanted to use "private" local tags (e.g., to track some interesting situation)

It would be nice to be able to restrict pushing to a set of matching tags.

Or if on a stacked branch, that "bzr tags --local" only return the tags reachable locally without hitting the network.

Brian.