[rfc] bzr-colo into core

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Mar 30 05:37:36 UTC 2011

Jelmer Vernooij пишет:
> On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 10:17 +0300, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Jelmer Vernooij пишет:
>>> I think colo-branch ("branch"), colo-branches ("branches"),
>>> colo-checkout ("checkout"), colo-pull ("pull"), colo-init ("init"),
>>> colo-prune ("rmbranch") don't have to be separate commands.
>> rmbranch is extremely dangerous command for colo. What can prevent you
>> from deleting current active branch?
>
>> bzr-colo have special "delete branch" command that prevent user to shoot
>> into the feet.
> We should probably complain if the user tries to delete the active
> branch, and require --force to do so.

Yes, that should be done. I'm not sure why for --force needed. How
will colocated work with deleted active branch? Will you try to
automatically switch to another branch? What if that was the last
branch? Etc etc etc.

Jelmer, I really think you need to try bzr-colo in action for some
time (at least week) to see the problematic points and understand what
UI should be for colocated support in bzr core.