[rfc] bzr-colo into core

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Mon Mar 28 23:37:00 UTC 2011

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> writes:

> Given the nature of bzr-colo I think we should probably target
> [Debian] experimental.

Hmm, that would cut down the number of people to whom it would be
available easily. Is the risk so great that it justifies that
limitation?

Debian's FAQ describes the “experimental” branch as:

    Experimental is used for packages which are still being developed,
    and with a high risk of breaking your system. It's used by
    developers who'd like to study and test bleeding edge software.
    Users shouldn't be using packages from here, because they can be
    dangerous and harmful even for the most experienced people.

Is ‘bzr-colo’ both “still being developed, and with a high risk of
breaking your system”? I know it's the former, but is it the latter?

--
 \      “If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly |
  `\      owned if it is not shared.” —Augustine of Hippo (354–430 CE) |