[rfc] bzr-colo into core

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Mar 24 10:58:17 UTC 2011

Martin Pool пишет:
> I have looked a bit at how Mercurial does it. Thanks for explaining it.
>
> The repository and branch breakdown is fairly similar; bzr too has a
> DAG that is pointed to by branch tips.  One difference is that I
> believe hg generally hardlinks repository-internal files when you make
> new repositories on the same disk, whereas bzr copies, and rather
> wants to avoid having multiple repositories unless you really want
> them to be separate.

I wish bzr can hardlink packs and indices while cloning repo locally.
Actually we're at the better position here than hg: packs and indices
are immutable, only pack-names should be different when you commit new
stuff and clones diverge. Packing repo in one clone should not affect
other clones I think, but maybe it's important to break links before
moving old packs into obsolete area. And it should work on the Windows
too (although Martin gz metioned some issues there).

Can we?