[rfc] bzr-colo into core

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Mar 22 15:23:39 UTC 2011

On 3/22/2011 3:26 PM, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel пишет:

>>> The recommended way for colo is: `bzr colo-branches`. Have you tried it?
>>>

>> 'bzr nick' just gives you the branch nickname. Which can be set to
>> something different, but defaults to the basename of the branch.
>>
>> John
>> =:->
>
> Yes, it can help in the simple cases (i.e. most of the time). But it
> does not help you when you create colo branches in subdirectories (that
> mode is supported actually).
>
> C:\work\Bazaar\plugins\qbzr>bzr colo-branches
>   0.18
>   0.19
>   0.20
>   experimental/nopygments
>   experimental/post-commit
>   experimental/post-commit/gary
>   review/qdiff
> * trunk

You didn't show the output of "bzr nick".

If colo is using lightweight checkouts to point to the branches, you'll
get "nopygments" and "post-commit" I suppose, rather than
"experimental/post-commit".

Most interesting for me is to see someone actually using nested
branching, which is something I pushed for in the model for a long time,
but haven't seen anyone else really advocate.