[rfc] bzr-colo into core

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Mar 21 10:56:47 UTC 2011

Martin Pool пишет:
> {summary}
>
> Let's make bzr-colo the default model for bzr 3.0 in September.

I'm going to provide more feedback based on my experience with bzr-colo,
but right now I have to note that in the current form bzr-colo has one
very weak point: bzr-colo uses branch references (lightweight checkouts)
and those references are *always* absolute paths. This fact creates a
lot of problems when user want to rename/move the colo-workspace, or
just push from one colo-workspace to another colo-workspace on the
different machine via path aliases (e.g. networked disks in Windows).
There are several bug reports re this behavior.

I think this should be carefully revised to avoid real problems when it
becomes the default user model.