[rfc] bzr-colo into core

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Mon Mar 21 09:40:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
[snip]
> {the bottom line}
>
> I think this is the logical next step to make bzr's ui more powerful
> and more friendly.  I'd like to start on this; I think we can get it
> done in the next 6-month cycle and I think it will work well.

A huge +1.  I'm one of those that has a pretty large working tree, and
bzr-colo is pretty key on that front.  Previously, we did the separate
treeless branch area, and had lightweight checkouts.  That worked, but
was painful... especially since most of us had a bound trunk (so bzr
switch would try to execute using the remote url instead of the local
path).

I'm hoping that integrating this into core means that a couple of the
kinks will get worked out too.  I ran into several situations where
bzr-colo was failing on us in a weird way, but wasn't ultimately able
to track down the sequence of events to repeat the problem.

I think this is definitely a move in the right direction though.

-John