serious 'bug'?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Mar 15 03:56:56 UTC 2011

>> If you run "bzr log --show-ids" do the ids match in all of the locations?
>
> steve at fyre:~/projects/RnD$ bzr log --show-ids
> bzr: failed to report crash using apport:
>     OSError(13, 'Permission denied')
> bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.ShortReadvError: readv() read 0 bytes rather
> than 181 bytes at 0 for "2ae2adc7aa3ae6d1f0a13ef93f485aeb.rix"
>
> I get this same error on update.  Time to blow away the repository on
> the dead client and start over?

This is described in <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/413430>.  It
indicates what we think is a file being truncated on the machine by a
crash or an OS problem.  The bug describes ways we should handle it
better.

If you have that data elsewhere the easiest thing is probably to
delete the client repository and branch again.