Proposal: Add bzr-changelog-merge to 'core' plugins distributed with bzrlib

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Mon Mar 14 09:30:26 UTC 2011

On 14/03/11 06:01, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> On 3/14/2011 5:45 AM, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
>> I'd like to add https://launchpad.net/bzr-changelog-merge to the set of
>> plugins distributed with bzr itself (in the bzrlib/plugins) directory.
>> It's plugin broadly similar to news_merge, but designed for GNU-format
>> Changelog files, which are a fairly common format.  In some ways its
>> task is much simpler, as Changelog files don't have different sections,
>> just a series of entries.
>
> As long as it has to be enable to have effect, rather than on by
> default, I'm happy to merge it.

On a semi-related note, the deb_changelog merger in bzr-builddeb is
wonderful when it works, but in certain kinds of merging (e.g. PPA
backports) it often does not do the right thing. I think we should try
to come up with a command line interface for enabling/disabling special
mergers (that is a bit less blunt than --no-plugins !)

Max.