Order in output of "bzr status -S -r"

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Sat Mar 12 13:58:45 UTC 2011

> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:35:54 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org>
> Cc: bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> But without the -S switch, the order is

>  b/h
>  b/h/i
>  b/h/j
>  b/k/l
>  b/k
>  m/n
>  m/o
>
> I.e., in depth-first search order.  Why does -S change the order?

Btw, my use-case is that I would like to see the same summary after
doing a "bzr merge --pull" that I see after "bzr up" in a bound
branch.  (Is there a way of asking bzr to do that as part of the merge
command?)  I used "bzr status" to show me such a summary, because "bzr
merge --pull" shows no summary at all, just the new revision.

In any case, "bzr up" also displays the changes in depth-first order.
I expected the -S switch to "bzr status" to change only the format of
reporting each change, not their order.

Thanks.