How to install Python modules needed by plugins?

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Wed Mar 9 10:16:56 UTC 2011

> Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:09:46 +0100
> From: John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org>, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> Something like:
>
> C:\Program Files\Bazaar\site-packages
>
> I don't know if it can easily be done as part of bzr-windows-installers.
> But certainly we could put in 'bzr':
>
>  if sys.frozen and sys.platform == 'windows':
>    sys.path.append(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable),
>                                 'site-packages'))

Excuse me my ignorance, but why something like that is not already
working?  If Python-based installations automatically look in
lib/python2.6/site-packages/ under my home directory, why doesn't the
stand-alone installation do something similar?  It does include a DLL
that is the Python interpreter, doesn't it?