How to install Python modules needed by plugins?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Mar 9 09:08:13 UTC 2011

Eli Zaretskii пишет:
> Finally, I tried to add python-fastimport to lib/library.zip:
>
>   cd python-fastimport
>   zip -r "C:\Program Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip" fastimport
>
> And that worked!  So the conclusion of this seems to be:
>
>   To install an extra Python module on Windows for bzr installed with
>   a stand-alone installer, add the Python module's main directory,
>   with all the files in it, to library.zip.
>
> (Children, don't try that at home without backing up the original
> library.zip first!)

Yep, that's what you need, though it's ugly and that's why I don't
recommend go this way. bzr-fastimport should be patched to allow
fastimport library installed into fastimport plugin directory, as we did
in the past for qbzr plugin and pyqt/qt libs.

But patching every very plugin is not the best idea, because it requires
extra work for windows maintainers. Maybe we just need to bundle
everything and kitchen sink into standalone installer.

After almost 5 years of standalone installer went to the wild I'm still
not sure what's the best.

--
All the dude wanted was his rug back