bzr log between 2 tag versions with dots

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Mar 8 16:50:39 UTC 2011

    > Le 08/03/2011 16:03, John Arbash Meinel a écrit :
    >> try:
    >> bzr log -n0 -r tag:mysql-5.5.1-m2..
    >>
    >> John
    > waouuu, it works great. Can I have a little explanation about why
    > it didn't work before ?

Erm, there is no *little* explanation, only long ones ;)

But roughly, for performance reasons (still to be addressed), there is a
workaround used by 'bzr log' to handle only the mainline history.

While doing so, it can't find "dotted" revnos which leads to the error
message you got earlier: "Start revision not found in left-hand history
of end revision." (left-hand ancestry is the same thing as mainline
ancestry).

This still hasn't been fixed mainly because for complex histories, 'bzr
log' is less useful than graphical tools like 'qlog' from bzr qbzr
plugin.

        Vincent