bzrlib version doesn't match the bzr program (bzr 2.2.3 on OS X)

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Tue Mar 8 11:16:11 UTC 2011

I upgraded to bzr 2.2.3 on OS X and I now have a warning message about a
bzrlib mismatch.
I used the 2.2.3 installer from launchpad.  Was there something I needed
to do first to install 2.2.2 ??

    $ bzr --version
    bzr: WARNING: bzrlib version doesn't match the bzr program.
    This may indicate an installation problem.
    bzrlib from ['/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/bzrlib'] is version
    (2, 2, 3, 'final', 0)
    Bazaar (bzr) 2.2.3
      Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python 2.6.1
      Python standard library:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6
      Platform: Darwin-10.6.0-i386-64bit
      bzrlib: /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/bzrlib
      Bazaar configuration: /Users/brendan/.bazaar
      Bazaar log file: /Users/brendan/.bzr.log

    Copyright 2005-2010 Canonical Ltd.
    http://bazaar.canonical.com/

    bzr comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  bzr is free software, and
    you may use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU
    General Public License version 2 or later.

    Bazaar is part of the GNU Project to produce a free operating system.

Thanks, Brendan.