Keep a record of who pushed revisions to a repository

Krzysztof Nowicki krissn at op.pl
Mon Mar 7 16:34:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an internal portal hosting shared Bazaar repositories. The
idea is to give anyone write access to the repositories as I don't want restrict
user commit rights to the branches. What I however want is to be able to
identify who committed every revision so that in case someone abuses the trust
and pushes some bogus revision. The problem that I found is that when a push
occurs to the repository, all revisions are stored without changes. This means
that whatever committer name was given will also appear in the public
repository. What will however not be there is the real name of whoever pushed
that change.

What I'm looking for is a way to log the real committer name (who is
authenticated upon access to the server using an individual SSH key) along with
the pushed revisions so that if something bad happens I can beyond any doubt
identify the offender.

Is there a way to do this with Bazaar?

Krzysztof