bzr-git status

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Feb 21 19:26:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 18:18 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 08:47 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> > I am hoping I missed an announcement . . .
> >
> > Can bzr-git deal with multiple branches in a Git repository yet?
> It can only do so using "bzr git-import". Support for colocated branches
> in bzr core has not been finished yet.

I guess this is analogous to svn-import in that it creates a shared
repository with the branches in all ready to be used.  Except isn't this
a one way trip, not a tool for creating a read/write mirror?

Using this would be an excellent improvement for Launchpad's automated
mirrors, all the branches would then appear not just master.  Asumming I
am understanding things correctly.

> > Currently my Launchpad automated mirror of a repository grabs the master
> > branch, but it would be good to be able to get on of the other branches
> > from the Git repository as well.
> See https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/380871

Have signed up to it.  Thanks.

--