[ANN] bzr 2.3.0 released !

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Thu Feb 10 18:24:41 UTC 2011

> From: Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at vernstok.nl>
> Cc: vila <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:54:28 +0100
>
> >    is the intent that I can say "-r mainline:99634.2.818" to get at 103134?
> That's my understanding of it. I wonder what we can do to make the
> description clearer?

I took a stab at it:

  The mainline revision specifier has been added.  It takes as its
  input a revision spec of a revision merged from another branch, and
  selects the mainline revision in which that branch revision was
  merged.

  Revisions merged from branches have revision specs of the form
  X.Y.Z, and are not shown by "bzr log" unless you use the -n0
  switch.  Using -rmainline:X.Y.Z, you can find the mainline revision
  where X.Y.Z was merged ("landed") without the need to wade through
  output of "bzr log -n0".

Btw, the documentation of this new spec in the User Reference (under
"Revision Identifiers") is even more laconic:

  mainline: Select the revision that merged the specified revision
            into mainline.

It could certainly benefit from the few examples I found in "What's
New".