[ANN] bzr 2.3.0 released !

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Feb 10 13:41:05 UTC 2011

The Bazaar team is happy to announce availability of a new release of
the bzr adaptive version control system.  Bazaar is part of the GNU
system <http://gnu.org/>.

Thanks to everyone who contributed patches, suggestions, and feedback.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.3/2.3.0 as a source tarball or packaged for
various systems.

This release marks the start of another long-term-stable series. From
here, we will only make bugfix releases on the 2.3 series (2.3.1, etc,
and support it until August 2012), while 2.4 will become our new
development series. The 2.1 and 2.2 series will also continue to get
bugfixes. (Currently 2.0 is planned to be EOLed circa September 2011 and
will receive only critical bugfixes.)

This is a bugfix and polish release over the 2.2 series, with a large
number of bugs fixed (>130), and some performance improvements. Some
features have been enhanced including commits on stacked branches,
upgrades of related branches, shortcut URL schemes for ubuntu and debian
on launchpad and better conflict resolution.

Only bugfixes from other stables series have been included since 2.3b5
so all known fixed bugs are included here.

Users are encouraged to upgrade from the other stable series.