PPA status update

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Wed Feb 9 04:24:19 UTC 2011

On 08/02/11 10:08, Max Bowsher wrote:
> On 08/02/11 09:16, Gary van der Merwe wrote:

>>> I've pushed 2.3.0 from bzr/beta into bzr/proposed, to widen the
>>> potential testing audience. Barring surprises, would anyone disagree
>>> with pushing 2.3.0 out to the main PPA in 24 hours?
>>
>>> Max.
>>

>> I've run into https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbzr/+bug/715067 which happens
>> when running bzr from the debian package, and non-debian patched qbzr.
>>
>> I don't think this should delay the push from beta to main ppa. Just
>> mentioning it in case anyone else runs into it.
>
> Yet, it's kind of an API regression in Debian-patched bzrlib, and easily
> fixed. I'm tempted to just fix it.

Actually, no, it's not easy. I failed to appreciate the difficulties of
importing a module called 'configobj' from within a module called
'foo.bar.baz.configobj' :-)

OK, so I'll go ahead with pushing to the main PPA, and if this issue
causes additional grief, the simplest fix would be to drop the removal
of the embedded deps from the PPA packages.

Max.