Process questions

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Tue Feb 8 18:58:28 UTC 2011

Hi, all.

Several small (I hope!) process questions.

1. I discovered a small bug, and have a fix ready for review.  Is
   it preferred that I create a bug report and tie the MP to it,
   or just submit the MP on its own?

2. Another change I'm working on isn't yet ready for review,
   because I need help writing tests.  Should I create an MP for
   it anyway to put it on the Patch Pilot's work queue, or is it
   better to ask here or on IRC?

3. Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/586639 has been long
   fixed, but is still in "Confirmed" state.  (An MP was merged
   for it[*] and I've confirmed that 2.3.0's behaviour is as the
   bug report's author desired.)

   Is it OK for a very-occasional contributor like me to mark
   bugs like this -- even ones I've had no previous involvement
   with -- as "Fix Released", or should I bring them to the
   team's attention so someone more official can decide?  If the
   latter, is there a less obtrusive way than email to this list?

   [*]
https://code.launchpad.net/~mgiuca/bzr/remove-tree-shelved/+merge/26272

Thanks,
  - Eric