Restoring history of a "bzr remove"d file

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Feb 6 10:56:40 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 04:37:08AM -0600 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 05:32:43AM -0500 I heard the voice of
> Eli Zaretskii, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > Then what magic is part of "bzr revert" that succeeds to stir that
> > bowl just right?
>
> That the file-id is just one of the Things(tm) that it sets, like
> the file content and [+-]x flag.

Think of it this way; if you did a `bzr revert -rXYZ`, would you
expect it to set new random file-id's on all the files in the working
tree, or would you expect it to put the tree exactly at the state as
of rev XYZ?  So just restrict that to a subset...

revert is The Way to resurrect old files, just by revert'ing them to
revs where they existed.  And that's what you're doing here, just with
mv'ing it afterward before you [re-]commit it.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net