[ANN] 2.2.4 has gone gold !

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Feb 4 13:36:59 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone who helped with this release ! Err wait, this time,
all the praise should go to Max for tirelessly tracking all obstacles
on our SRU path ;)

This is an announcement for the packaging people for them to get binary
packages built so that we can get a final release announcement out.

Only one bug has been fixed since 2.2.3, an annoying one related to some
interactions with launchpad (lp-propose et al). As such, there shouldn't
be a need to package anything other than bzr itself (in installers and
in ppas).

Given that 2.3.0 is now our new stable release, I think we shouldn't
even release installers for OSX and windows and more generally for all
distributions that track only the latest stable series.

Feedback about which series is tracked for each distribution highly
welcome from the packagers !

The tarball has been uploaded at:

  https://launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/2.2.4

and the release will be announced next Tuesday[1].

    Vincent

[1]: Unless someone objects, the plan is to announce 2.2.4 on Tuesday
     and 2.3.0 on Thursday making it clear that 2.3 will now be our
     stable series. Users may then chose to upgrade to 2.2.4 or wait a
     couple of days to get 2.3.0 (which includes the fix for launchpad
     too).