annotate -rNNN for a removed file

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Feb 1 03:42:48 UTC 2011

On 1 February 2011 11:19, Andrew King <eurokang at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, can anyone explain what is the reasoning behind this bug only
> having a "medium" priority level. It is pretty fundamental to a version
> control system to be able to do this isn't it?

It's medium because there are other reasonable ways to reach the
function, ie through the GUI, and some people think a GUI is a much
more reasonable way to look at annotation info.

For any given bug there is probably someone who thinks it's the most
awful bug and should be fixed next. We try to prioritize off what
seems to be affecting the most people most badly, and off what our
business users are asking for.  This bug has no dupes and two affected
users; others have more.

--
Martin