bzr-svn not caching credentials

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Wed Jan 26 21:10:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, January 26, 2011 11:48 am, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>> Is
>> > As far as I know it works today. You can use authentication.conf, but
>> we
>> > don't write to it.
>
>> So, if I implemented a plugin like netrc_credentials, would I be able to
>> make it cache passwords (not in bzr's auth conf but a separate
>> file/directory) or does the API not allow this?
> The API does not (yet) allow for this, as the credentials backends are
> not told about the successful uses of passwords, so they don't know
> what credentials to cache. It'd be great to add this support, it just
> hasn't been done yet.

Okay, so in the meantime I could make a plugin like netrc_credential_store
which uses the Windows CryptProtectData[1] API functions to add/retrieve
credentials to/from an encrypted store. I can't have auto-caching but at
least it would be encrypted and it should be (relatively) easy to update
it when my password changes with a bzr command provided by the plugin.

1. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa380261(v=VS.85).aspx