bzr-svn: can not use repository where trunk is called head

Janne Snabb snabb at epipe.com
Wed Jan 26 10:15:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have Bazaar 2.2.2 and bzr-svn 1.0.4.

I am trying to do:

bzr svn-import svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head

But it always results in the following error message:

bzr: ERROR: The specified path is inside a branch. Specify a different URL or a different repository layout (see also 'bzr help svn-layout').

I am afraid that this is because the FreeBSD project calls their
SVN trunk "head" instead of "trunk".

Therefore I have added the following in ~/.bazaar/subversion.conf:

[ccf9f872-aa2e-dd11-9fc8-001c23d0bc1f]
branches = head

(I have also tried "/head" and "head/" but the result is always the
same.)

After running the "svn-import" command the subversion.conf contains
the following:

[ccf9f872-aa2e-dd11-9fc8-001c23d0bc1f]
branches = head
locations = svn://svn.freebsd.org/base
guessed-layout = root

So guessed-layout is clearly incorrect.

I tried to add "--layout=trunk" on the "svn-import" command line
but the result is still the same. "bzr help svn-layout" does not
give me further advice or other layout options than "root" or
"trunk".

What am I doing wrong?

How can I make bzr-svn realize that svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head
is NOT inside a branch but a branch of its own?

Best Regards,
--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb at epipe.com - http://epipe.com/