bzr-svn not caching credentials

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Tue Jan 25 23:44:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at vernstok.nl> wrote:
[snip]
> It seems wrong for Bazaar to be writing to ~/.subversion. Also,
> passwords are stored plain-text in ~/.subversion, which is a security
> concern. As a Bazaar user I wouldn't want Bazaar to write my passwords
> in plain text *anywhere* on disk automatically.

Subversion supports both gnome-keyring and kwallet, and does prefer
them to storing them plaintext.  I always thought it would be rather
nice if bzr-svn would make use of those cached credentials in those
locations.

> Personally, I would prefer for Bazaar to support e.g. gnome-keyring to
> handle caching of credentials.

+1.  You can do it now, but you have to get the password in there
yourself, which isn't very easy. :-(  Maybe bzr-gtk makes that easier?

-John