BitBucket equivalent for private Bazaar repos/projects

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Fri Jan 21 03:16:03 UTC 2011

On 21/01/2011 8:05 AM, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 20 January 2011 14:25, Brendan Simon (eTRIX)
> <brendan.simon at etrix.com.au>  wrote:

>>> At least for free you can get only public, AFAIK.
>>>
>>> Check this: http://bzr.bz/
>> I had come across that site ... and it is a good start ... but is still
>> lacking features of the other established free repo hosting sites.
>>
>> Sites like GitHub and BitBucket are an absolute boon for very new/small
>> startup companies with zero/no cash flow.  e.g. BitBucket offers a FREE
>> account for up to 5 users for private repos.
>>
>> It's a leg in the door for early adoption, and when/if projects take off
>> and grow, then they will automatically pay the money to upgrade to a
>> different account level.  It would be great if there was a similar site
>> for Bazaar ... maybe a Launchpad sister site ??
> I think Launchpad should offer free hosting for small private projects
> too.  We'll see if that can be done.
Oh, that would be nice :)

Another alternative might be to use a standard/public project in
Launchpad, but have Bazaar automatically encrypt all files being sent to
the repo, and decrypt all files being retrieved from the repo.  Does
Bazaar support that ??

Unfortunately that would mean anyone could have (effectively) private
projects and could not "encourage" larger Bazaar private projects to pay
for service (unless there was a file quota or something).

Brendan.

--
Brendan Simon
www.etrix.com.au