Better IDE integration

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jan 13 02:21:56 UTC 2011

On 12 January 2011 14:40, Gordon Tyler <gordon at doxxx.net> wrote:
> What are the chances of a Java implementation of a bzr client library?
> Would it be possible to use Jython to write a wrapper around bzrlib?

I think mgz previously looked at running Jython, and it almost worked
but (at the time) there were some standard library functions missing.

One thing I would really like to do this year is cleanly split all the
UI parts from the rest, so that there is eg nothing aside from the ui
layer that talks about printing messages or that assumes a user is
necessarily present at all.  When we do that, you have a few options:

 * use Jython in-process and implement the UI layer that glues to the IDE
 * remote the UI layer over a bidirectional network socket
--
Martin