No working tree in shared repository

Weinfurther, Gary Gary.Weinfurther at biworldwide.com
Wed Dec 22 15:21:19 GMT 2010

I'm using BZR 2.1.2 and TortoiseBzr on Windows 7.  I use TortoiseBzr to
do all my work.  I have an existing set of working files that I want to
put into a new repository.  The repository is on a shared network drive
(L:).

Here are the steps I follow:

1.        Create a repository folder on L:.

2.        Right-click the repository folder on L: and select Bazaar
Init.  In the dialog box, I select "Create a new shared repository"  and
do NOT check "Skip the creation of working trees in this repository,"
then click OK.

3.        I right-click the repository folder and select Bazaar->Run
command.  I run "init trunk" to create a trunk branch within the
repository.

4.        On my development drive (D:), I check out the trunk branch
into a new folder by right-clicking a parent folder and choosing "Bazaar
Checkout." For the branch source, I enter "L:/repository/trunk."  I
select "Create a checkout" and "Light-weight checkout", and click OK.

5.        I copy all my working files into the new trunk folder on D:.

6.        I right-click the trunk working folder and choose Bazaar->Add,
then click OK.

7.        I right-click the trunk working folder and choose
Bazaar->Commit, enter a comment and click OK.

This all seems to work fine, but if I look into the repository/trunk
folder, there is no working tree.  How do I get Bazaar to keep a working
tree in the repository?

Am I doing things correctly?  Is there a shorter, easier way to create a
new repository from a set of working files?

Thanks!

Gary

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.