Ready in bzr/proposed: testtools 0.9.8, fixtures 0.3.5

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Wed Dec 22 12:07:10 GMT 2010

On 22/12/10 11:15, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 11:09 +0000, Max Bowsher wrote:

>>> testtools seems to work ok for me.
>>>
>>> bzr doesn't currently depend on python-fixtures as far as I can see,
>>> but it's good to have it packaged, and (especially given that) I don't
>>> mind depending on it in future.
>>
>> fixtures is there because the new testtools Build-Depends on it in order
>> to run the testtools testsuite during its build.

> It's also possible to depend on other PPA's for build dependencies. I'm
> not sure if that'd be useful in this case though.

The ~bzr PPA currently maintains its own builds of all external
dependencies, even ones just used for 'bzr selftest'. I believe this
circumstance came about because there is no dedicated PPA providing
testtools, etc. for all the distroseries we want to support.

A side benefit of not having dependencies on PPAs owned by other teams
is that any ~bzr member can upload to fix issues anywhere in the stack
of packages we provide.

Alternatively, if we decided we did not wish to offer certain build-deps
to anyone adding the main ~bzr PPA as an apt source, there is the
~bzr/builddeps PPA, which we currently use to avoid publishing debhelper
and python-central-debhelper-sequence-addon in the main PPA.

Max.