Next Steps for hpss, etc

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Nov 19 01:42:35 GMT 2010

On 19 November 2010 07:32, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> I'm roughly finishing up my current work items, and figured I'd put out
> some ideas for what I should be working on next. We've mentioned wanting
> to do a bit more collaboration, so at least working in the same area,
> even if we aren't working on the same bug.
>
> The top two items in my head are:
>
> 1) Commit to stacked branch
> 2) Shallow branching
>   As defined by, creating a stacked local copy that has the data it
>   needed to create the working copy, and no further policy. (It
>   doesn't explicitly cache, but it doesn't avoid extra history, either)

I think they would be great.  The next big bzr task for me is to file
a top-level bug for the reported issue of access to lp being slower
than access to a nearby machine on the same network, then teasing out
the contributing factors, filing them, and fixing them.

(Andrew is sick today so might not reply until Monday or next week,
but I know he's keen to work on this with you.)

--
Martin